you guys are ALL getting pimped under licensees from 1940 investment companies act
Sect 1 b) Upon the basis of facts disclosed by the record and reports of the Securities and Exchange Commission made pursuant to section 30 of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935, and facts otherwise disclosed and ascertained, it is hereby declared that the national public interest and the interest of investors are adversely affected—
(1) when investors purchase([synonymous with chase.]1. In its primary and legal sense, to gain, obtain or acquire by any means, except by descent or hereditary right.),
pay (To discharge a debt; to deliver to a creditor the value of the debt, either in money or goods, to his acceptance or satisfaction, by which the obligation of the debtor is discharged. )for (in the place of; as a substitute or equivalent, noting equal value or satisfactory compensation, either in barter and sale, in contract, or in punishment ),
exchange (In commerce, to give one thing or commodity for another; to alienate or transfer the property of a thing and receive in compensation for it something of supposed equal value; to barter; and in vulgar language, to swap; to truck. It differs from sell, only in the kind of compensation. To sell is to alienate for money; to exchange is to alienate one commodity for another; as, to exchange horses; to exchange oxen for corn.),
receive(to take) dividends(A part or share; particularly, the share of the interest or profit of stock in trade or other employment, which belongs to each proprietor according to his proportion of the stock or capital. ) upon,
vote( wish or will),refrain from voting,
sell (To transfer property or the exclusive right of possession to another for an equivalent in money.),
or surrender securities
issued by investment companies without adequate, accurate, and explicit information, fairly presented,concerning the character of such securities and the circumstances, policies, and financial responsibility of such companies and their management;
(2) when investment companies are organized, operated,managed, or their portfolio securities are selected,in the interest of directors, officers,investment advisers, depositors, or other affiliated persons thereof, in the interest of underwriters,brokers, or dealers,in the interest of special classes of their security holders, or in the interest of other investment companies or persons engaged in other lines of business, rather than in the interest of all classes of such companies’ security holders;
(3) when investment companies issue securities containing inequitable or discriminatory provisions, or fail to protect the preferences and privileges of the holders of their outstanding securities;
(4) when the control of investment companies is unduly concentrated through pyramiding or inequitable methods of control, or is inequitably distributed,or when investment companies are managed by irresponsible persons;
(5) when investment companies, in keeping their accounts,in maintaining reserves, and in computing their earnings and the asset value of their outstanding securities, employ unsound or misleading methods, or are not subjected to adequate independent scrutiny;
(6) when investment companies are reorganized, become inactive, or change the character of their business, or when the control or management thereof is transferred, without the consent of their security holders;
(7)when investment companies by excessive borrowing and the issuance of excessive amounts of senior securities increase unduly the speculative character of their junior securities; or
(8) when investment companies operate without adequate assets or reserves. It is hereby declared that the policy and purposes of this title,in accordance with which the provisions of this title shall be interpreted,are to mitigate and,so far as is feasible,to eliminate the conditions enumerated in this section which adversely affect the national public interest and the interest of investors.
This post was updated on .
The author has deleted this message.
posting shit from Pirates of the Caribbean Fandom Wiki?
How does this relate to the subject matter at hand?
We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims;
Resistance is futile.
If you think you can, you are correct.
If you think you can't, you are correct.
The pirates is a complete picture of the martial/legal construct and shows the how and some of the why, a study of the first three movies will very much help anyone looking at the topics we do here.
In reply to this post by Redlightning
In feudal England, a type of tenure by which a tenant was permitted to use real property that belonged to a lord in exchange for the performance of some service,
A right, term, or mode of holding or occupying something of value for a period of time.
In feudal law, the principal mode or system by which a person held land from a superior in exchange for the rendition of service and loyalty to the grantor.
The status given to an educator who has satisfactorily completed teaching for a trial period and is, therefore, protected against summary dismissal by the employer.
A length of time during which an individual has a right to occupy a public or private office.
In a general sense, the term tenure describes the length of time that a person holds a job, position, or something of value. In the context of academic employment, tenure refers to a faculty appointment for an indefinite period of time. When an academic institution gives tenure to an educator, it gives up the right to terminate that person without good cause.
In medieval England, tenure referred to the prevailing system of land ownership and land possession. Under the tenure system, a landholder, called a tenant, held land at the will of a lord, who gave the tenant possession of the land in exchange for a good or service provided by the tenant. The various types of arrangements between the tenant and lord were called tenures. The most common tenures provided for military service, agricultural work, economic tribute, or religious duties in exchange for land.
LORD. In England, this is a title of honor. Fortunately in the U. S. no such titles are allowed.
But is such a title allowed in the U.S.A?
A lessor of real property; the owner or possessor of an estate in land or a rental property, who, in an exchange for rent, leases it to another individual known as the tenant.
Who is the lord and who is the tenant?
An individual who occupies or possesses land or premises by way of a grant of an estate of some type, such as in fee, for life, for years, or at will. A person who has the right to temporary use and possession of particular real property, which has been conveyed to that person by a landlord.
If the landlord grants the estate, then which are you?
Do you have the will to be either?
Can you be both?
For how long?
WARNING: After the first Post I inevitably will edit multiple times. It is suggested One reads the Forum and NOT rely on any emailed version. One using another's understanding is usufruct.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|