– Must Read: FM 27-5 (1947 ed.)
In Reply To
c. Establishment of courts and administration of law.
CA/MG personnel are charged with the following:
- Establishment and administration of military
commissions, provost courts, and special military government
courts, and their jurisdiction and procedure.
- Supervision, control, or closing, if necessary, of
local, criminal, and civil courts.
- Supervision of members of the local bar.
- Decisions as to modifications or suspension of
local criminal and civil laws.
- General legal ad vice and assistance on all aspects
of the occupation.
We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims;
Resistance is futile.
If you think you can, you are correct.
If you think you can't, you are correct.
FM 27-5 (1947 ed); page 20; paragraph 12(c)