tax me and bank

kari
Hello, 2 years ago i did the accepted for honour on a tax bill and sent it to the tax department. I got a letter back from the tax department stating, the bank(i have an bank account with) are now 3rd party and telling the bank they owe(the debtor) the amount of what the tax bill was , but telling the bank not to send the credit to me but to them the tax department. A few months i didn't hear anything but then the tax department said they are no longer pursue debt but still owe it, then i got a statement showing that in one day the amount went to zero.. can anyone explains this , why was the bank made 3rd party by the tax office and why the tax office said the bank owed me money.

any info would be appreciated thanks

Re: tax me and bank

Jo King
what kind of tax bill?
What tax department?
What kind of account with the bank?
What kind of statement?
why are you still wondering after two years?

Re: tax me and bank

kari
they claimed i owed then moneys i got audited.
it was the australian tax department (ato)
just a normal bank account, the statement was from the ato with the accounting of the debt
once the debt was gone i forgot about it till a friend ask about it , so i sent him the paper work and he was askin question,