de facto trustee doctrine in action

"Only one claim survived: a constitutional rights violation. U.S. District Judge Stephen Murphy concluded that the private security officers who arrested and detained Powers were exercising police powers.

"Powers alleges he was approached by Tigers' security officers outside of Comerica  Park, placed under arrest, escorted to a detention cell in the stadium and detained for 24-hours,"  Murphy wrote in a 2015 order. "The power to arrest and the power to detain are identifiable police powers vested with the state. Accordingly, Powers has adequately alleged the security officers operated as state actors. Therefore, the Tigers' motion to dismiss is denied."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/04/29/detroit-tigers-lemonade-lawsuit/83243894/

and there we have it. If one is going to exercise the authority of the State and receive the benefits, one becomes the State and thus also subject to the liabilities.

Pewee Coal and de facto trustee doctrine in action.

Re: de facto trustee doctrine in action

Gavilan
Wouldn't kidnapping be the alternative finding?