The MOON SHADOW

1970grave
you all know the trance one is under by the moon
Mon-ey, Mon-archy, etc.....
just remember - all you do has a moon shadow over everything
so .... on a different note ... and with no permission from my brother Yusuf
here is a different light on the moon shadow
https://soundcloud.com/jon-davies-2/moonshadow-cat-stevens
please don't all jump at one to give me a record contract
Life is for living and the art to being free

Re: The MOON SHADOW

The Origin of "The Moon Under Water"

The name came into being following the activities of recruiting sergeants in the 18th century who spent much of their time visiting taverns in order to "press" people into joining the British Army. Many of their methods were extremely dubious, and they would go to any length in order to get men to sign up since their pay depended on it. Once a man had accepted the "Queen's shilling" by fair means or foul, he was deemed to have become a recruit. On entering a tavern, a recruiting sergeant would very often sit next to some drunken oaf and secretly drop the Queen's shilling into the man's pewter tankard. When the drunkard lifted the tankard and the ale touched his lips, that was it! He was regarded as having accepted the Queen's shilling and was in the British Army. He was then carted off for service in some far off campaign and almost certain death.

As a means of countering this practice, the glass bottom pewter tankard was introduced so that if a customer was in the least bit suspicious as to whether a coin had been dropped into his tankard, he could hold it up and look underneath before taking a drink. The sight of the Queen's shilling under the ale with the froth above was likened to that of "the moon under water"- hence the name

Researched by David Salt-Wales

(this from a restaurant in St. Pete, Florida on Beach Drive called Moon Under the Water ... love the shepherd's pie; their curry dishes suck ass)