The American's Creed

by William Tyler Page

    I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

    I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

George W. Bush: Bigotry and white supremacy are 'blasphemy' against the American creed
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/19/politics/bush-freedom-event/index.html

It is now confirmed: treat the State AS IF you would our Father; treat the Declaration AS IF it were the Spirit of Christ; treat the pledge within the Declaration AS IF you Walk as Christ walked, otherwise BLASPHEMY.

If enough people take and make action in support of such, this country and its government will have no choice but to be one with our Father and His Glory will shine thru the government unto the governed.

Re: The American's Creed

productionx
"I believe" means "I don't know"

Re: The American's Creed

It appears "I believe" actually is much more closer to "I have faith"

But first, one must look beyond one's prejudices and then one can actually see FAITH in God Almighty and Jesus Christ within that Creed and @ Hebrews 11:1 FAITH is defined: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Simply put, the biblical definition of faith is “trusting in something you cannot explicitly prove” or BELIEF.

Until someone proves otherwise, to say one believes is to say one has FAITH in something; the author writes about FAITH.

In the Matrix, when the kid states "Neo, I believe" right before he pulls the trigger to open the gate for the Nebuchadnezzar, do you really BELIEVE, with conviction, that he was saying "I don't know" or did his expressions; his actions; his FRUIT, demonstrate he has FAITH in "the cause" with conviction?

You BELIEVE in what you write, say and do, correct?

Or do you write those words in post without FAITH in your conviction, thus demonstrating an attempt to discredit another's FAITH to compensate for your lack thereof?

Or maybe you just post in celebration of ignorance, for that is what I am led to believe.

Re: The American's Creed

Orionstar
Many a people since the time of creation, whether of the race of mankind, or not have always taken upon themselves the self- litigated repurposing of what Faith is, without realizing the utter judgement they've fallen into.

The creature only possesses the ability, to define the lesser that he molds/frame from the greater...obviously identifying and providing facts of who alone possesses the far greater, factually true ability as Thee definer/settler.

The point I humbly present, is that in our human fallen-ness we've grown far to comfortable exercising a doubt (dark arrogance) that is rewarded only by the further death/loss within us, not aware of the abandonment the/alienation that has made our dead spirits a home, far away from the/Thee Life that is All/everything.

Ever learning, yet never quite able to come to the/Thee knowledge of Truth, the door/portal/port...ever endeavouring to fight for the grasp of becoming the/Thee Definer. A quest that is not given to any creature.

FAITH defines the creature/us. Not vice versa. This is biblical sanctioned Faith.
Trust defines the creature/us. Not vice versa. This is biblical sanctioned Trust.

Faith/Trust IS the Way to acknowledge/Honor that which IS, that which IS, Defines all else.

Ones Faith or private Faith(personal Ecclesiastics is only as good/certain as who/what one honors with it, through it, by it), is always seen publicly, eventually.

Biblical Faith, is Trust in the highest, greatest Veritable as Certainty, that as both the root(Faith) and offspring(Hope) in/as Trust of His(God/Creator) Existence.

He gives this Faith as a gift of awareness(sight, vision) into and upon The Veritable Certainty of who and what He IS, this is the biblical Hope that He gives as a power to Trust in Him to do according to what He promised to do...

Since He could sware by none greater, He swore by Himself(by His own existence/to His own hurt) that by two immutable things a Oath and by a Nature that could not lie...that these things are certain irrefutable facts, upon which He required all to trust as the settlement of redemption brought to life throughout the pages of holy writ...

For if Christ be not risen...then our faith is vain...along with every public Ecclesiastical present made due to it's factual existence...including the American Creed.

To doubt this, is to forsake sacred knowledge that He Himself died to give us...

There are many things that I never tried to address here...in hope that each of us can rejoice through knowledge that we do have (Matthew  13, Mark 4).

The good news which must be remembered is that darkness and evil aren't the only players perseverating on stage!

I encourage you all to never cease belief in the Certainty of Him who Promised sacredly, secularly and civicly...all things were made by Him, for Him and to His glory.

My desire is for this to aid...

Thanks Boris, for sharing the knowledge given to you...and I thank all others for their participation...these past four years have been wonderful!