Sitting at the table

Brandt
When sitting at the table getting ready to sign the mortgage, I wonder what will happen when I pull out my stamps and place the $1 Stamp on top right and affix the 3 cent stamps on the bottom right and back right and endorse it...?? Should I have a $1 PMO to offer as well?? And should I use my red ink pad to use my thumb print under my signature?

Re: Sitting at the table

Jo King
As Boris would say "hell yea"  Remember you are the Grantor.  does not matter what anyone says.    Endorse every thing over to the treasury with the acceptance language.   Before the first payment is made claim your right to subrogation.  Just my quick thoughts,  I yield to Boris for the full answer.

Re: Sitting at the table

1970grave
.... and if one is absent minded (has less than competency NOT capacity)
did one assume that the representative (solicitor/lawyer) would affix the stamps
.... who is to have liability for such an err
Life is for living and the art to being free

Re: Sitting at the table

fine synopsis there Jo King ...

I once talked with a guy who went in and financed a car. Right above the signature line, he wrote:
"all offers accepted for honor pursuant to 40 Stat 411. all rights unalienable, without recourse"

Well, a few months go by and he makes no payments. He receives a call from the finance company asking for the payment. Dude tells them to go look at the contract and if you have any questions, please seek competent legal counsel.

Some time later, he receives a call form the company's attorney. The attorney asks him about what 40 Stat 411 was all about; dude told him that he can't give him legal advice and if he has any questions to go read about it and seek competent legal counsel if he had any further questions.

Dude received a call some 15 minutes later: "you will have your title in 60 days"

I was told of, but have not talked with, another who went into closing and turned all the documents over and wrote:

Pay to the order of United States. Without recourse.

and then never paid a mortgage payment. About 6 months later, he receives a check from the Treasury in the amount of the note.

Take these examples as you wish, but the Stamps just help overcome the Commissioner's Decision regarding the use of Non-stamped-when-required Documents for enforcement in Court and to make documents negotiable from and to AND enforceable within the PROPER jurisdiction, however, It appears that the ASSIGNMENT to the Treasury is what is REALLY important.

And by signing the documents, you are the executor of such, therefore, have the duty to see the instrument issued remains uncorrupted.

Re: Sitting at the table

Brandtamas
Thank you Boris and others. I was just thinking of the stamp tax. But I can always put it on latter considering I am the grantor.