Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan
Regarding political status, does anyone here can point me in the right direction for the following question?

Why are government agencies asking for proof of residency? Except for voting, they ask if you are an inhabitant of the county?

Re: Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan

Re: Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan
color_people_us_citizens.jpg

I wonder if this is the reason they had to pass the 14th amendment?

Re: Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan

Re: Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan
Here is a link to a primary case they cite THE UNITED STATES v. VILLATO
2 U.S. 370 (1797), Here Villato was naturalized in Pennsylvania as a state but not U.S. Citizen.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/2/370/case.html

Re: Residency VS Inhabitant

Gavilan