Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

bill
Hi,   I;ve been trying to find the exact place where this requirement can be found in either the Florida Statues or some other international document,  I have searched so of the documents on the United Nations web site and have not found the cite.  Can anyone steer me to the right place?  thanks

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

Jack Mehoff

not sure where it is located ... I just know from a conversation with Roger Elvick regarding a buddy of his who did ask for that and his license, registration and insurance to use that cruiser in commerce when he failed to produce. Short story: Officer ended up getting fired, losing pension, house, and basically everything.

Another buddy called Dearborne Police Dept in Michigan on unrelated matter. Well, he ended up talking with Sheriff. Asked Sheriff if he was to pull someone over and they asked for your Certificate of Registration as peace officer and you do not produce it, can you issue ticket? Sheriff said "nope" ...

So, I have two witnesses that produce the same story when inquiring about the Registration ...  so that is all the confirmation I require for where two or more are gathered ...

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 10:53 AM bill [via UNDERGROUND CANTINA] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,   I;ve been trying to find the exact place where this requirement can be found in either the Florida Statues or some other international document,  I have searched so of the documents on the United Nations web site and have not found the cite.  Can anyone steer me to the right place?  thanks

http://underground-cantina.83190.x6.nabble.com/Registration-Certificate-as-a-Peace-Officer-tp6036.html
To start a new topic under UNDERGROUND CANTINA, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from UNDERGROUND CANTINA, click here.

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

Gavilan
In New Jersey the motor vehicle code states that the "director or now commissioner" is the one that issues the authority to pull and inspect cars.

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

Jack Mehoff
OK either or but the 1945 international organization act basically made all these guys of the United States Municipal Corporation under the UN is international and they're all peacekeepers

http://underground-cantina.83190.x6.nabble.com/Registration-Certificate-as-a-Peace-Officer-tp6036p6038.html

Gavilan
I am not disagreeing with you. And anything I can learn and use I welcome it. I have had them in knots and they have had to back down on some of my cases, on others they still push forward.

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

bill
Thanks for the replies.   I have a niece that is a sheriff deputy and a botherinlaw that's a retired city cop    I could ask them but our relationships are rocky at best so I have never attempted to ask them.   They might not even know since the lowers are kept somewhat in the dark as to those types of things.

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

The state entity that oversees peace officer certifications is the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST). Each state should have something similar. This organization should help one find the peace officers requirement to be certified. I did a quick search for "Peace Officer Standards and Training florida" and found this: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/Commission/CJSTC-Home.aspx

I did find the exact requirement for Arizona and California:
Arizona: https://apps.azsos.gov/public_services/Title_13/13-04.pdf (see page 2, section R13-4-103, Paragraph A)

California: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&division=&title=3.&part=2.&chapter=4.5.&article= (scroll down to section 832)

It would be good for others to look up certification requirements for their own state and post links to them here for easy reference.

Re: Registration Certificate as a Peace Officer

Gavilan
This is interesting regarding New Jersey:

https://www.nj.com/news/2012/08/whats_in_a_name_constables_are.html

"In New Jersey, constables are peace officers with limited powers, including the authority to arrest offenders, deliver writs and subpoenas and provide security, among other duties. They are appointed to three-year terms by a council person in the township where they live. Each municipality can have between two and 50 constables. Private attorneys and other interests, never the town or state, pay for their services."

"Stitched in block yellow letters across the black cap Philip Fluker wears while on duty are the words ‘Police Constable.’

He designed the hat and sells it and other merchandise baring the word ‘police’ to fellow constables in his organization, the New Jersey State Fraternal Order of Constables Inc.

"It gives the criminal the knowledge that this person has power of police and if I mess with this guy I’ve attacked a peace officer," Fluker said. "But we’re not pretending to be police." Two prosecutors don’t see it that way and say they are concerned the word will confuse and possibly endanger the public."

And see this: https://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/njptc/home.htm

https://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/njptc/pdf/njsa52_17b-69-2.pdf Police Training Act§ 52:17B-66. Legislative declaration   The Legislature of New Jersey hereby finds and declares that a serious need for improvement inthe administration of local and county law enforcement exists in order to better protect the health,safety and welfare of its citizens; that police work, a basic adjunct of law enforcementadministration, is professional in nature, and requires proper educational and clinical training in aState whose population is increasing in relation to its physical area, and in a society where greaterreliance on better law enforcement through higher standards of efficiency is of paramount need;that the present need for improvement can be substantially met by the creation of a compulsoryeducational and training program for persons who seek to become permanent law enforcementofficers wherein such persons will be required, while serving in a probationary capacity prior topermanent appointment, to receive efficient training in this profession provided at facilitiesselected, approved and inspected by a commission created for such purpose; and that byqualifying and becoming proficient in the field of law enforcement such persons shallindividually and collectively better insure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of thisState in their respective communities.