Questions: Do lawyers need a license to practice Equity?

Questions: Do lawyers need a license to practice Equity?

Gavilan
I have a question for you guys that has been bothering for a while, it may be dumb but please humor me; Supposedly lawyers are license to practice law, but what about Equity? Do they need a license to practice Equity? Since Americans don't have kings or queens, then how do they resolved disputes among themselves? So, for example, the Queen of England had a Dispute with the King of Denmark, how would they resolve their disputes? In what court, at Law or Equity? If two sovereigns have a dispute, wouldn't they have to agree to submit themselves to a third party to adjudicate the dispute?

Re: Questions: Do lawyers need a license to practice Equity?

forpfhuse
Isn't a license permission to do something that would otherwise be illegal?
Is doing Equity illegal?

Re: Questions: Do lawyers need a license to practice Equity?

Gavilan
Is it illegal to practice law? So then why would anyone need a license?