Parental Units

bastiat
Is there a capacity in all this learning to act on behalf of deceased parents or pending parental passing?

Putting it more plainly, do things similar to "Powers  of Attorney" or things like that allow for cleaning up lose ends left by parents?

I'm in a bad state of affairs around bank accounts, so managing affairs if my parent becomes incapacitated and cannot manage their financial requirements seems difficult without some unambiguous and unquestionable authority to handle those affairs.

Is this a bit of a lost cause in that regard? It's not as though the larger portion of the current generation that is passing on understands any of this.

Re: Parental Units

It all falls under the Family. Once the children reach majority or age of consent, then the parents should have a power of attorney in place to account for these incidents.

Parental Units are there to usher children to be in the world, the children are there to usher parents from this world into the next; Both act to ensure each others' respective transitions are as smooth as possible.

This is just standard common sense.

Re: Parental Units

bastiat
Right. It is a common sense thing.

I'm more curious if knowledge of the usufruct plays a part in this.
Given the time constraint I feel pressing, I am wondering if I should spend my
available time studying the usufruct practicality or something else. Part of the reasoning
is dealing with estate tax, and an already deceased parent having left behind a safe deposit
box.

I'm wondering if the demand for tax has to do with public trust and whether there is some
different path available in light of the usufruct nature of how the system operates.

Again, being more plain in my question, recovering the proceeds of the deposited materials without incurring fees unnecessarily is an important part of the next few steps.

It seems that if the bank is in the role of trustee, they should be paying the fees.

Further, it seems that when someone dies without a will, the state steps in and claims a public trust, via probate (operation of law) and I think that should be contested by expressing a private trust interest, at least by a surviving spouse, if not surviving descendants.

Most of the information on this issue seems to funnel folks right back into a lesser role over whatever rights to disposal may be passed on to them by inheritance.

I wonder often about the attempts to remove an individuals capacity to remove the right to inherit.
The inheritance being a right to disposal in the context of a usufructary.

Re: Parental Units

bastiat
After examining the meaning of "estate", which I was encouraged to do while listening to the "Gathering of the Tribes" videos, it is clear that we have to express our interests, and this is where a lot of stress arises, for many, because the concept is simple, but the specific execution is not. We have not been properly educated on the detailed workings of this system, and so we are subjected to the rigors of failing to do our duty as determined by our inherent responsibility.

Over time I have come to conclude that freedom is not carte blanche to do whatever I want, without regard.

Freedom is a duty to be responsible for the choices I make, and to accept the consequences of the outcomes I play a hand in creating. Within that understanding, I realize it is to my benefit individually to create collaboratively with others to generate positive outcomes for all who may be affected by our choices,  which includes each other.

Re: Parental Units

this is the problem, people look at everything and anything but themselves but each one of us have been instructed on HOW to operate; all the "detailed operations of the system", it all comes from the heart as that is where the law is written; a whisper.

we just ignored the whisper to pursue the trappings of this world; the law of the heart is but a whisper amongst all the distractions screaming for our attention.

How do you really think all of this came about?

Re: Parental Units

bastiat
I think your question is about the material you have compiled. If so, this alk c a me about because you listened to the he whisper.

If it's about the "problem" it's because many have not listened to the whisper.