A lot of smart and well read men in the late 1700's

A lot of smart and well read men in the late 1700's

william-michael
This post was updated on .
Interesting

"Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come
when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship to restrict
the art of healing to one class of Men and deny equal privileges to
others; the Constitution of the Republic should make a Special
privilege for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom.”

 -Benjamin Rush

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Rush

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Rush

Letter to Price, May 25, 1786 - Freedom can exist only in the society of knowledge.  Without learning, men are incapable of knowing their rights.

To Thomas Jefferson from Benjamin Rush, 6 October 1800

http://founders.archives.gov/documents/Jefferson/01-32-02-0120

...."I send you herewith some musk melon seeds of a quality as much Above the common melons of our Country, as a pine Apple is superior to a potatoe. They were brought originally from Minorca. The Ground must be prepared for them at the usual time, by having some brush burn’t upon it.—The fire destroys the eggs of insects in the ground, & the ashes left by it, manures the ground so as to prepare it for the Seeds. No vine of any kind should grow near them. They are, when ripe, a little larger than a Child’s head—round—and have a green rind. They are never mealy, but juicy, and cannot be improved by Sugar, pepper, salt or any Other Addition that can be made to them."....